Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube
Ys Net’s Air Twister, the once-Apple Arcade exclusive rail shooter from veteran game developer Yu Suzuki, dropped a brand new trailer last week showcasing a myriad of features which will be included in the game at launch.
Swooping onto Switch on 10th November, you’ll be able to unlock additional modes by acquiring stars and tickets from daily and weekly events — this was a mobile game before, after all.
Modes like Arcade, Boss Rush, and Turbo Mode should be fairly self-explanatory, but there are a couple of more unusual modes to soar through. Stardust sees you defeating waves of enemies within a set time limit, while Tap Breaker sees you breaking cubes by tapping them in numerical order as they multiply in number. There’s also Fluffy, which sounds anything but fluffy — you go from playing a 3D shooter to a 2D side-scroller!
There’s also an Adventure Map, where you spend your in-game currency to unlock new items, weapons, and outfits.
For a rundown of the other features, check out the details from publisher ININ Games:
– 12 artfully crafted stages with unique and new experiences each time you play. Embark on a fantastic journey, resembling that of Alice down the rabbit hole.
– Over 20 Vanguard creatures and 10 unique bosses to challenge your skills and simple controls for a fun and easy play experience.
– An epic soundtrack by Valensia, a Dutch music composer known for over three decades for keeping the musical rock and opera heritage of Queen’s greatest hits alive.
– High replayability by unlocking Challenge Games in the Adventure Map with different modes like Arcade, Turbo, Boss Rush and more!
– Many fantastic Minigames with surprising elements.
Images: ININ Games
Air Twister launches physically and digitally on Nintendo Switch on 10th November. Will you be aiming to pick this up? Shoot your shots in the comments.